CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun

Eli and his 4 times daily breathing treatments.
The Makapuu Point Lighthouse.

Where we are living till Saturday!


Kailua Beach Park



Another view of the Lighthouse.

Saturday Jason drove me to the swap meet so I could quickly pick up a few items to send to the Birthday people. We have too many birthdays in June...but it's actually every month like this. While I was running through the maze of other swappers, Jason took the kids to Kmart and a grocery store to pick up items for his work party he is hosting.

What a great turn out we had. Jason had 4 co-workers (including his boss) come out with their families to join us for a bbq and swimming. It was a great success. Jason can write more-

Sunday, my sinuses were killing me. I was a zombie in the morning and was still afraid to send my kids to primary. Especially since Eli would be all over the toys. So we rested for awhile and then took a Sunday drive to Bellows AFB beach. We had a picnic (3 of us did- the 2 little ones were asleep in the car) and watched the beach bums living it up in the choppy water. Afterwards we took a hike (it ended up taking an hour and a half) up to see the Makapuu Point Lighthouse. What a beautiful view. You could see the east shore, south shore, and even further into Waikiki. Thank goodness it was cloudy and windy or we could have never survived.

Kai at one point sat on one of the many brick edges that are placed around the pathway. Jason had told him it wasn't a good idea to sit there because of the long drop behind him.

It turns out I couldn't sleep last night because of my killing sinuses. While I waited for the Tylenol to kick in so I could fall beack asleep, all I thought about was "WHAT IF". What if Kai had gotten up there and slipped and fell. He did it while we were catching up to him while walking back down the path. So instead of getting right back to sleep...I was thinking about this for quite some time.

There have been some crazy "What if's" that have occurred while away...but I am getting to the reality that I hope will always do my best to protect my kids, but when they do make some bad choices or Nature takes over that I will have the understanding that it's life or something like that. I am not making any sense, but my husband would understand what I am saying. We've had this discussion too many times with my parnanoid self.

Onto a breathing treatment for Eli!

0 comments: