CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Nature Oh My! Waves, Jellyfish, Shrimp, and Centipedes!

No, Jason hasn't taken up smoking.  It's a picture from the web...it's about the same size that we found approaching the kids while sitting on the carpet.  

Plumerias are everywhere in several colors.  So Beautiful!

The USS Utah....what's left of it still remains.  It was hit by 2 or 3 torpedos on December 7th.

A Surfer hanging ten at the North Shore Sunset Beach.

The Shrimp on the left were staring at me.

Thursday-lazy day...finally some rest time in the HOT house.  My mom and I watched "New in Town".

Friday- swimming, Eli got a fever, the older kids with mom and dad went to see the new movie "Up" at the Windward Mall.  Great movie.  The boy scout reminded me of my friend Jack that I used to do daycare for.  The old man reminded me of my sweet friend Heinz.  He lost his wife several years ago, has problems with his hearing aid, has a cute dog, and raises all kinds of birds in his backyard.  I used to take my scouts to see his animals. Miss you Heinz and hope you're doing well while your sweet wife Gisela is away for awhile in heaven.

Saturday- Eli still not feeling well.  Instead of him napping, he insisted on getting in the pool with everyone else.  It helped cool him off some.  After we walked to the beach and enjoyed it full on.  We didn't pack anything and just walked while wearing our suits.  
Kai and I got pummelled by a wave.  Thank goodeness I made him wear the floaties.  I had a hard enough time pulling him up out of the water with them on.  One floaty got ripped off his arm because the wave hit so hard.  Eli and I had sores on our inner legs while walking on our way home.  We are still not sure if it was a jellyfish sting or not.  There was no stinging sensation, but the redness and stinging feeling it had when applying lotion killed.  Pizza Hut delivered....even with a free medium pizza, it cost $30 for our large specialty pizza.  Crazy prices!

Sunday-I stayed home with the tired me and tired Eli.  He was still fevering off and on.  Dad, grandma, and the older kids attended Stake Conference....well half of it.  They didn't find the correct building right away and the speakers in the gym weren't working, so they got to hear about half the conference.  
Afterwards, we had to get out of the house.  It has been so miserably hot in the non a/c house.  The trade winds are suppose to come on Wednesday, just after grandma leaves....sorry grandma.  We took a Sunday drive to the North Shore.  It was insane to watch those surfers attempt those crazy sized waves...and they aren't even as big as they get in December.  
We then drove around BYU Hawaii campus and stopped in at a Shrimp bus for a snack....it's really hard to pack enough food for that long drive....so yes, we were a little naughty on the sabbath.  It wasn't quite a snack though.....I thought the shrimp were going to come alive and eat us.  Not really appetizing for me to see dead shrimp staring at you.  
That night my worst nightmare came out to greet us.  The biggest centipede was in the house coming toward the kids from under the t.v. stand.  Jason hosed it with poison.  It started wigglying even more as it came to a hault to die.  I didn't sleep well.  The kids are no longer allowed to fall asleep on the carpet.  

2 comments:

Sara said...

HOLY CRAP! Glad to hear you all survived the attack of the killer centipede. See you just need to pack up and come home. :) The wild life is out to get you. I knew Hawaii was a bad idea. OK not really. Still miss you though.

Birdman said...

You know she sort really wants to...she misses having such good friends like you close by.

Thanks Sara!