CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Honolulu Zoo, Girls Night Out, Sea Life Park, and a Happy Father's Day!

The Tiki Bar- Saturday's Linner!

A great read! This man was watching the dolphin show in front of us. Some good things to think about!

Pictures from Sea Life Park!
Stingrays


Honolulu Zoo

A great shot taken by Jason! This is the golf course/resort we are staying at.

The kids loved going through the tunnel to then come up in the middle of the tank to see the fish swim by at the zoo.


What a fun weekend. Friday, our new friend Sharon drove me and the kids along with her youngest and his friend to the Honolulu Zoo. We had a great time seeing the animals. It's not a huge zoo or anything unique, but it was fun to go and enjoy the day watching the kids look at the animals. Eli loved the monkeys. Kai of course loved the python (probably one of the only snakes on the entire island, since their illegal), and Kezia loved the pink flamingos (favorite color, I guess).

That night I was invited by Sharon to go with her to Lynn's home (a friend of Sharon's that I met at the pool several days previously). Sharon, Lynn, Sara, Angela, Alohalani, and myself had a great time playing Phase 10. It was so much fun getting together with other girls for some good laughs, venting, and just good conversation. Angela introduced us to 'Cardio with the Cullens' on YouTube.

Saturday we went to the east of the island to Sea Life Park. We invited Sharon's daughter and had a blast watching the beautiful sea animals. My favorite was watching the scuba diver feed the stingrays. I've heard of how big stingrays can be and I was amazed at the size of the ones we saw in this tank.

Afterwards Jason took us to the Tiki Bar in Honolulu. It was an older joint next to a boat dock. We then went to Kmart to do a little shopping.

Today the kids and I made a very late breakfast for Jason. I am not a morning person. Church was good. The kids are enjoying the social time. The ward is very good at making you feel welcome. Something I hope to always remember and to take with me. I am a shy person and I hope to use this experience to always welcome others better in whatever situation. I am sure the people visiting are nervous being the visitor and it's my job (shy or not) to fellowship them no matter what. We spent the evening just hanging out. Tired and all. We hope to get Grandma Simmons to visit us again (airline tickets are expensive right now) so we our exploring the options. Aloha and goodnight.

0 comments: