CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend News to Kai's Class





Dear Class, 


This weekend was the best weekend of all.  I cannot believe what we got to do.  We went to the USS Arizona Memorial.  It was super duper awesome!  

We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center.  That place was the best!  It had all different kinds of villages called:  Hawaii, Fiji, Tonga, Aoetereoa, Tahiti, and Samoa.  We saw a fireknife competition, which was the best show ever.  The winner was Bula La'ie from Hawaii.  My favorite village was Samoa because my dad participated in the show and got to learn how to make fire out of two sticks.  Also we went on a canoe ride around all of the villages.  In Fiji, we went to this musical bamboo stick dance which was hard.  My dad and me played a Fiji version of shuffleboard.  At the Samoa village there was a guy who climbed a palm tree.  It was pretty cool!

This week I got to go to the Hawaii, Kailua Public Library and check out some books.  Which were:  Magic Tree House, Star Wars Bubba Fett, and Spongebob Comics.  I have read 5 out of the 10 books so far.  

Kami,  I also got to learn how to surf in the pool and in the ocean.  I barely caught the first wave.  My dad was being crazy on the second wave because he wanted me to catch a big wave.  It knocked me right over and I did 2 summer saults in the water.  It freaked me out!

When do you all get to go swimming?  Is tonight the bike drawing or was it last week?  My mom and I can't remember.  

Thanks for writing me back last week.  

Aloha, Kai

0 comments: