CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Growing on Me!

Tuesday evening my wonderful Aunt Teddie arrived.  We ate taco salad for dinner by the pool.  I stayed up late to watch the Biggest Loser finale (an hour into it...I need to go back and see the before and afters).  It gives me some positive and negative feelings to the show....I was doing so well back in January and February...then the flu hit our household.  It then turned into morning sickness and then it turned into full-time preschool and preparing for Hawaii.  I just hope to do lots of walking with the kids and not too many macadamia nuts and Hawaiian bread....lots of pineapple, strawberries, etc.


Wednesday morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to go to Jason's work.  I got a wonderful view of the sun continuing to rise from Jason's office window.  He has an amazing view of the USS Missouri and looking out towards Pearl Harbor.  I got to meet his Supervisor.  Jason is really lucky to have such a nice boss for the time we are here.  He is really enjoying his job so far.  He says he'll miss it when he leaves.  His boss sat us down in his office to discuss things to see and do with my family while we're here.  Jason took me to get a rental car at 8:00 a.m.  Yes, a caravan and no more laps.  It's been heavenly to have it so far.  
We went to the Swap Meet again.  It was crazy hot this time for me and the kids.  I finally found some family turtle stickers for the car at home....I had some purchased from San Diego awhile back and misplaced them.  I needed new ones anyways with the added child in October.  I have been counting all the family and friends, families' birthdays, etc.  to determine what to bring home for everyone.  I will have to purchase a suitcase just to bring it all home in...then the added $25 luggage fee too.  After the swapmeet we attempted to go to the USS Arizona/Pearl Harbor.  It was closed by the time we got there.  After, poor Aunt Teddie got sick to her stomach while we were driving to Costco.  She is doing much better now...we're not sure why she threw up 3 times...but Eli did it too the first night he was here.  We love Costco!  It's so much more affordable to buy things there than a normal grocery store.  It's still more expensive then at home, but good to have food in the house.  It keeps us from spending too much money everytime we go out.  I fell asleep to Bride Wars...just too exausted from the early start of the day.

Thursday we explored Kailua...the area we are staying in.   We packed a lunch and headed to Lanakai Beach/Kailua Bay.  The water was so blue and colorful.  Afterwards we went to the Library.  Kai was in heaven.  He checked out 10 books and has already finished 1 1/2 books so far.  A yummy stop at McDonalds to cool off with a treat and then a drive to Waimanalo Beach and Makapuu Beach...I have no idea how to say most of these words.  When we get directions or tell the driver to turn onto such and such street....I guess as to how to say it.  It's a joke how well I can pronounce Hawaiian.
Later today/Thursday, Jason surprised us with a treat for himself.  He bought himself a used surfboard and headed to the Pyramid Rock Beach in the Marine Corp Base in Kaneohe.  He caught 2 waves...not necessarily standing, but he did it!  He came home and treated the kids to a dip in the pool and to float and attempt surfing on the board.  We had yummy chef salad with all the fixings, including huge fresh strawberries.  Mahalo Aunt T and Grandma for fixing it for us!  We are onto closing our eyes to a movie...oh, I mean watching a movie with the kids.   I am really feeling relaxed now that I am here.  It's so nice to have more books for the kids and a car to get around in.  It's so beautiful and a lot slower paced around here.  Most roads are 25-35 mph and the freeway signs aren't posted more than 60mph.  It truly is starting to grow on me, even if I encounter 2 dead cockroaches on my bedroom floor in the mornings.  Mahalo!

1 comments:

The Dipo's said...

Why don't you get a big box and fill it with everything you're buying for people at home and then just fill the box up, then UPS/USPS/FedEx it to your Mom's house when it's full? It might work better than having to buy a seperate luggage thingy and then pay the extra $25 for loading it.... It's an idea. :o)