CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear Class,

A message written by Kai to his class in Roy City.  Following is a letter written to him by his class....so sweet and thoughtful.  


I am writing in my journal right now and it's only 9 a.m. here, but 1:00 p.m. your time.  I hope you get this in time!

Dear Class, 

How are you all doing?  I am having a great time in Hawaii!  It is super fun.  We found a new one in our pool.  It was a crab.  He is dead.  Which is unusual.

I couldn't swim very well last summer, but now I can!  I can jump in an 8 foot pool.  It is really cool.  Hey, that rhymes.

We have been going to the beach a lot.  

We went to a mall on Friday.  We took the bus to get there.  I got a new truck and a pocket game.

We went to the swap meet on Saturday.  I got four cars for me and my brother.  While at the swap meet, my dad was getting pit pocketed by a stranger.  It ended up being my mom's cousin's husband.  They are from California visiting Hawaii for a few days.  

On Mother's Day we had a really good breakfast outside.  It was pancakes and eggs.  It was so yummy.  We went to church and my sister and I sang a Mother's Day song with the rest of the kids.  After class, we got to play freeze tag, which was unusual.

I hope Mrs. Pilkington and Mrs. Miesch had a great Mother's Day!

Take care everyone!  Aloha, Kai
Aloha Kai,
 
We are writing you this letter as class using the big screen.  So each student is coming up with what we write.  
The whole class says, "We really liked your pictures!"  "We miss you so much!"
Auryn says. "I like the picture of the crab and it was weird that it was in your pool!" 
Camraya wants to know how you are, and she thinks you look like you are having a blast!
Dakota says, "I can jump in to 10 feet deep water, it isn't scary, it is fun." 
Felicity and Kyrah want you to have fun in the ocean, and think you might see more crabs. 
Kami asks, "Have you learned how to surf yet?"  River wants to know if you have been reading, and the class thinks MOST LIKELY you have! 
MyKenzie says, "We like you so much!"We really appreciate that you take time to write us and send us pictures. 
Nick wants you to have a good day, everyday, at Hawaii!
Aloha from Lakeview Elementary,
The first graders and Mrs. Pilkington
P.S. Mrs. Pilkington had a great Mother's Day and so did Mrs. Miesch!  Thanks for caring!

2 comments:

Birdman said...

What an amazing group of kids! It's really exciting to see the brains and hearts behind this upcoming generation.

The Dipo's said...

Ahhhhh.... That's awesome!