CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Black and White Spotted Cow


The picture is our backyard. The egg swings are so fun!

The Black and White Spotted Cow...Yep, that's me! The last 2 days I have gone swimming in the pool and the ocean and I have missed putting sunscreen on several parts of my body. So I am sunburned on the backside of my upper arms from one day ago and now on both inner knees when I was sitting on the sand. Once they become tan I'll be dark in those spots and white on the rest of my body...and being that I am looking more and more pregnant, hence the cow!

The pool man for the house confirmed my worse nightmare. The dead centipede in the pool is poisonous. So I need to be on the look out while the kids are playing in the yard. At least the cockroaches aren't. Eli keeps throwing his binkie on the floor of his bedroom in the middle of the night. This morning I found two new cockroaches upside down slowly dying from the poison, close to where he throws it. So when he does it I hesitate grabbing it off the floor in the dark...hoping it's the binkie and then I have to go wash it off because I am not sure what the bug poison looks like and where it is actually in the room and just the fact the floor is dirty with the bugs crawling around on it. It's part of the beautiful experience here in Hawaii.

I hope to post pictures of Jason's office view. He says he has view of the USS Missouri off Pearl Harbor. We hope to take a tour of the base on Saturday after the swap meet. YEAH!

I am going through sunscreen tons. I bought the spray kind...costly but convenient. I am almost out of it, so I decided to get a cream version at the grocery store so it could go further....$10 later for an 10 ounce tube and $5 for an 8 ounce bottle of aloe vera. Not cheap. There is a Costco coupon we are waiting to use to get more. We would like to make a stop at the Wal-Mart, but they aren't everywhere here. That is a good thing though. It allows for more mom and pop stores to be available.

Last night we drove around Kaneohe Bay, which is close to the Marine Corps Base. They're are a lot of Bases on this island. Yeah, we found a Redbox/DVD Express inside of the Foodland store.

I am looking forward to the days ahead to see more details of the island. My mom got to go to Pearl Harbor the first day she was here with Jason. The kids and I were still on the plane when she did this. I look forward to seeing it soon. I have driven past it on the freeway, but it's hard to see much of anything....just lots of buildings and industrial stuff.

Tonight we hope to go to the Kailua Farmer's Market. I'll try and post a slideshow soon. With time!

Aloha says the Cow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so stinking jealous of you guys!!! All your stories remind me of when I lived there at BYU-Hawaii!!! Maybe we'll plan an impromptu visit. Ha, I wish!!!

Sara said...

I keep checking the airline tickets but I can't seem to find any cheap enough. Miss you all.

The Dipo's said...

How fun and your kids look so dark already!

Barbara said...

That sounds like such an awesome experience!! So why is Jason working there anyway? And where do I sign up for a job that takes me to Hawaii? Have some fun for me!!