CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Preschool Begins!

I posted this on my other blog, but wanted to post it here as well.

Preschool has started and I am loving every minute of it. I have some adorable students. Last week we had a pretend bus tour around the preschool. This way the kids were shown where all of our centers are and the necessary items we use in the preschool. The Gingerbread Baby (the Baby version is a lot better than the Boy version because he doesn't get eaten by the fox) left us a note in which we were sent on a scavenger hunt to find Gingersnaps and frosting decorations to make our own Gingerbread Baby faces. We fill the day with lots of books, fun, and various activities.

This week we are talking about our Bodies. We pretended to be a giant caterpillar and played Body Part Bingo. We also talked about our 5 senses. We are having a blast.

We are working on many new things, especially the Pledge of Allegiance and the Days of the Week (sung to the tune of 'The Adam's Family').

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. Next year when K goes to Kindergarten, she'll be going full day. I am sad about this, but very excited that I get to be her teacher this year.


P.S. This is where Jason was tonight. A nice perk with his new job.

3 comments:

Nicol said...

How fun! I love the gingerbread baby! You are such a great teacher!

The Dipo's said...

Jealous much? LOL!! I am!!!!

Becky said...

Hey Ginger and crew! Can I come to preschool, it sounds like a blast! I have such great memories of my preschool days, how neat that you get to be such a part of those kids' lives. We miss you guys!