CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Loving Memory of Hser Ner Moo

Today brings back some sad memories. It was a day of late night searching and the next day of all day searching for our friend Hser Ner Moo. She disappeared in the afternoon of March 31, 2008. Family and friends were looking for her well into the night. She wasn't to be found that evening. It was on April 1st, 2008...not a day of pranks, but a day of a big community of so so many people coming together to find her. It was an incredible search effort. The local church was packed full of volunteers looking for her. It was a scene of distress...but is was also a scene of love between strangers and friends to come together to search for "their little girl." It was incredible to see all the people, donated food, and law enforcement all in the cause to find her.

It was an unfortunate ending that evening of the 1st. However, it was an incredible effort of Christ like love amongst so many. We will miss her so much. Her smile and sweetness will never be forgotten.

Hser Ner Moo...I really got to feel your sweet spirit the most when I was gathering pictures of you and taking pictures of the memorial and your funeral. I felt your presence so much. Especially, at your graveside service when I felt your spirit tell me to give a hug to the man's mother who took your life. You gave me hope and a sure testimony that the Plan of Salvation is REAL. I know you continue to be with your mom and dad and brothers in spirit. Your entire family has brought so much love to our community. I love you and miss you! Until we meet again.

3 comments:

Nicol said...

I miss her too! I can't believe how often I find myself thinking of her. I can't believe it has been a year.

Sarah said...

What a sweet post, thanks for putting that up! I never knew her personally but I have felt such a sweet spirit hearing others speak of her. I am amazed it has already been a year, time goes by so quickly.

Mommason Hillary said...

I appreciated this post so much - and have thought of her often. I sat by your beautiful little one who was visiting 'Grandma Simmons' in church on Sunday. She is priceless, and reminded me so much of ... you!