CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Remodeling

Well, the dungeon is looking better all the time. Ever since we have moved in we have noticed a musty smell every time it rains and the furnace kicks on. It never concerned us to much until my birthday a few months ago. When we were cleaning up we discovered about thirty square feet of wet carpet behind the couch. It has taken a few months and a lot of melting snow to actually pinpoint the source but we're almost there.



As much as I didn't want to tear down the entire wall this Friday I decided it had to be done.



HERE'S THE FUN PART. When I brought Kai home from the bus I asked him if he heard about the earthquake. He had and I said, "Wait till you see what it did to our apartment." He couldn't believe his eyes. His reaction was, "WWWHHHAAAATTTT the Heck!" (Picked that up from his dad.)

When Kezia came out and noticed the wall she asked me, "Dad, are getting the rats out of the wall?"

Playing along I said, "Yes."

"Where'd they go? Did you throw them away?"

Chuckling, I responded, "No, I just let them go find another wall."

"Oh!"

It can be a lot of fun when kids aren't taken too seriously. She is such a cutie.

I sort of like the "New York Overpriced Penthouse" look. Since there will be messy sheetrocking to be done, we are also adding in little closet. It will help with the clutter.

5 comments:

roamingjones said...

Looks like fun!

roamingjones said...

Ok, it's time for some new posts!

roamingjones said...

Was it something I said?

Marcy said...

Wow, what a big project, but well worth it. I am thrilled that you are putting in a closet as well. That will be nice.

Melissa: said...

Can you guys come over to my house when you're done? :)