CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Job Hunting

Some may wonder how it is going with Mr. Graduate looking for his job that will get him out of his unusually comfortable apartment living situation. It has been a great experience looking for work. I have learned a few simple things:

1. I am in the driver's seat now.
2. It is not easy making a life altering decisions that affect not just me but my family.
3. Schooling is only the tip of the iceberg.
4. It's in the Lord's time.

Currently, I am looking for work that would allow me to strengthen management skills. Preferably, I would like this to be in the technological industry. I enjoy the technology sector and see many opportunities in it.

I want to just add a quote from Robert C. Oaks about the fourth point. I haven't really discovered this recently but I am understanding it a little better.

"Elder Neal A. Maxwell linked patience and faith together when he
taught: 'Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father.
Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what
is best--better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting
that our timetable is better than His' ("Patience," Ensign,
Oct. 1980, 28).

"We can grow in faith only if we are willing to
wait patiently for God's purposes and pattern to unfold in our lives,
on His timetable."

(Robert C. Oaks, "The Power of Patience," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 16-17)

2 comments:

The Dipo's said...

So true. It seems like we keep having this lesson over and over again in our lives as well. One lesson, that I'm not sure I have actually grasped yet. I'm pretty impatient sometimes. Good Luck with finding a Job, it better keep you guys close in the Valley so we can all still play!

roamingjones said...

Hang in there Jason. Patience truly IS a virtue. I have realized in my recent job hunt that about the time my severance check ran out, and the difference between what I had been making and what my temporary job was paying started to catch up with us is when I found a job. Its like the Lord let me hang out there just long enough to start getting pretty uncomfortable, but not long enough to actually get hurt.

GJJ